Vatican City & Rome

by Chris on August 11, 2009

Vatican City & Rome

rome5We went to Rome in April on a work trip, mostly so I could work on a story pegged to Dan Brown’s book Angels & Demons. Read the story here. We were in the Eternal City for five nights before heading up to Tuscany. I must say, we packed a lot into those five days. This was my third trip to Rome and Don’s first (in fact, this trip marked his first time in Europe overall). Take a look at the full report here.

Miss Expatria August 12, 2009 at 1:45 pm

You know, I always take guests to the Forum at night. It’s dramatically lit and the lack of people make for a more intimate viewing experience. And you don’t have to wake up early! Ha!

Chris August 12, 2009 at 5:47 pm

That’s a great way to see the Forum! Plus then you’d be so close to Cavour 313….

Debra August 25, 2009 at 1:15 am

Did you get to Sant’Andrea della Fratte, where the only two angels for the Ponte Sant’Angelo actually created BY Bernini are standing in their glory?
San Francesco a Ripa for the sculpture that is a perfect match for Bernini’s St. Theresa in SM d Vittoria?

Chris August 25, 2009 at 8:55 am

Debra – No, I didn’t get there – I’ll have to do it next time! That’s the great thing about Rome….there is so much to see and do….truly, you could spend a lifetime exploring it!

Chris

vicky March 9, 2012 at 4:51 am

Really enjoyed your report! Just a quick note on the hyperlink for Osteria Il Sostegno, you have it with a .com extension, it shd be .it

Don Faust March 9, 2012 at 4:08 pm

Vicky – glad you liked it! Thanks for the note on the link for Osteria.