Photo Friday: Angkor Thom Temple – Siem Reap, Cambodia

by Don Faust on August 26, 2011

Photo of Angkor Thom Temple in Siem Reap, Cambodia, with pool relection.

Angkor Thom Temple - Siem Reap, Cambodia

This week’s Photo Friday (#FriFotos on Twitter) theme is REFLECTIONS.  In late October 2007, Chris and I traveled to Siem Reap, Cambodia to see Angkor Wat and many of the other temples nearby.  Pictured above is Angkor Thom Temple, with its reflection in the pool.

| Partner, Contributor and Photo Editor of the travel site www.caroundtheworld.com, winner of 2010 Lowell Thomas travel writing award.

Iain Mallory August 26, 2011 at 12:15 pm

Truly stunninng image of a fantastic destination, love the symmetry

Cathy Sweeney August 26, 2011 at 12:25 pm

Gorgeous shot – This temple looks amazing. Haven’t been to that part of the world yet, but looking forward to seeing places like Siem Reap.

Sherry August 26, 2011 at 7:46 pm

Siem Reap has a lot of intricate temples that are almost as if they were made for photography. A truly remarkable shot! I love how the sky is also reflected on the water.

Amer August 26, 2011 at 11:11 pm

That is a really cool shot. Love the reflections and as pointed out by Mallory, the symmetry!

Angela August 26, 2011 at 11:32 pm

Beautiful picture, Cambodia is one of my next destinations, such a fascinating country.

Simon Lee August 27, 2011 at 11:58 pm

I was having a business trip last month and was wanted to visit Angkor Thom Temple, unfortunately my meeting got delayed and i missed the chance to visit this temple:( Will definitely visit them during my next business trip to Cambodia:)

Simon

Don Faust August 28, 2011 at 11:07 am

Thanks everyone for the comments! This was one of my favorite temples. You can’t see it in the photo because the temple is a little too far away and there is some erosion (and possibly the light was not the best), but there is a carved face on each of the temple spires.

Elise @ Positive World Travel September 1, 2011 at 10:15 pm

Great Pic! Love the reflection. Did you see the sunrise or sunset while you were there?

Theodora September 4, 2011 at 7:20 am

Ooh, I love this. We never made it out to Angkor Thom, but loved Ta Prohm.